VillageReach, a founding member of OpenLMIS, and partners have just released v1.0 of OpenLMIS, an innovative logistics management information system that fulfills the needs of multiple countries, particularly those in low- and middle-income contexts. This latest release of OpenLMIS includes features originally planned for our v1.0 release, plus additional improvements based on lessons learned from OpenLMIS deployments in Mozambique, Tanzania and Zambia.
Key features include:
- Improved interoperability with ERP systems and Finance systems, for robust real-time data exchange.
- New administrative screens to simplify the ongoing management of products, programs, facilities, users, etc.
- Enhanced controls for users to specify input parameters when running custom reports, plus increased flexibility in assigning user permissions for running reports.
- Greater flexibility in segmenting products by programs, and by facility types.
- Automatic notifications to users whenever new tasks are queued up for them.
- Improved POD (proof of delivery) to account for substitute products and returned products.
VillageReach has also published a new Configuration Guide that provides detailed explanations for how to set up OpenLMIS, plus updated documentation on the complete OpenLMIS Data Model. The source code for v1.0 is available here https://github.com/OpenLMIS/open-lmis.